Diversifying the energy mix and relooking at DRC operating models to maximise local production
Friday, June 19, 2020 - 10:50 to 12:10
Conference Room - Conference room - day 3 - Day 3
- Looking at successful operating models that have mitigated fiscal risk and increased security of supply
- Electricity Regulatory Index (ERI) for Africa: Identifying key gaps in DRC’s electricity sector regulations and assessing improvements
- Forecasts for Africa’s Power Infrastructure: Will DRC become self-sufficient and bring its mining industry along for the ride?
- Utility reform: Managing and solving SNEL service delivery dilemma for both industrial and residential requirements
- Strategies to attract investors for new power plant construction projects: Where to find the capital?
All presentations in this stream
- 09:00 Opening address: Current state and future perspectives for the development of electricity in DRC
- 09:15 The light at the end of the tunnel: A finger on the pulse of power projects in DRC
- 13:30 Developing enablers for value addition in the region: Processing and beneficiation, tools for a sustainable value chain
- 14:55 Dialogue with our experts: Reducing disruptions to ensure security on the mines Laura Cornish, Editor in Chief, Mining Review Africa, South Africa
- 16:05 Mining is a national matter: Involving the provinces in the equation
- 17:15 CLOSING KEYNOTE